An extensive on-site laboratory provides immediate response for diagnosis, management and emergency treatment options.
- Idexx Catalyst and Procyte – blood chemistry and hematology analyzers- provide us with diagnostic information to evaluate the internal organ function and red and white blood cell counts.
- SCA2000- Coagulation analyzer – helps provide us with information testing the body’s ability to clot blood.
- Microscopes – allows us to check for external and internal parasites, evaluation of urine, feces, blood, tissue, and spinal fluid. We have a camera connected to one of the microscopes to allow us the ability to obtain pictures of cells to send to the pathologist for a STAT interpretation prior to the submission of the sample.
- I-Stat – This blood chemistry machine is used as a daily test to evaluate the patient’s electrolyte and kidney function as well as their hematocrit, blood glucose, and blood gases.
- Antifreeze testing
- Blood gases
- Blood smears
- Cerebral spinal fluid analysis
- Chemistry profile
- Coagulation profile
- Fecal Analysis
- Joint fluid analysis
- Snap parvo, heartworm, and FELV/FIV tests
- Stat lab analysis